Thursday 29 April 2010

Bush, Baby

My new book, Under The Ivy: The Life & Music of Kate Bush, is published next week by Omnibus Press. I will still be updating this site with news of other work (such as today’s Duke Special piece) but I’d imagine that most of the action in the immediate future will be taking place over at my new blogsite for Under The Ivy, which can be found here. As well as posting the odd extract there, I’ll be adding reviews, news, extra info etc. as and when appropriate. I hope to see some of you over there.

A long, adapted extract from the book forms the cover story in this month’s Uncut, concerning the circumstances surrounding the making of Bush’s 1985 classic album, Hounds of Love. In that issue I also review the new Hold Steady album and a few other bits and bobs, and there's a great interview with Merle Haggard by Andrew Mueller. Go find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Graeme.....thank you for writing this Under the Ivy book. You're 2 for 2 with me as my very favourite things are songs about death and Kate Bush, and Hounds of Love is a desert island disc. I found out you had done this thanks to the magazine story. -- Liisa, Canada