Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Arts Desk

I want to take the opportunity to plug an excellent new online destination for culture vultures. The Arts Desk launched a couple of months ago, with the intention of addressing the decline in arts reviews and features in the traditional broadsheet print media, hastened by falling budgets and increasing space restrictions. So far, it seems to be going great guns. The site is full of established names, it updates several times a day and over the weekend, and most event reviews are online by first thing the following morning.

I reviewed Lau’s recent Edinburgh show for them. The gig finished at 11pm on a Saturday night and the review was online by 7am on Sunday. Just like the old days. You can read it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece of writing Graeme, I felt I was right there. Lau are an amazing band, I'm glad theyre finally getting some of the recognition they deserve.

Arts Desk looks good!

Gary